[Fablab-fr] Fwd: European Fab Conference

Fabien Eychenne EMAIL HIDDEN
Mer 17 Juil 13:16:48 CEST 2013

Ca peut en intéresser certains d'entre vous.

Fabien

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: René Bohne <bohne at informatik.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: 2013/7/17
Subject: Re: European Fab Conference
To: Tomas Diez <tomasdiez at gmail.com>
Cc: "Dr. Peter Troxler" <trox at fabfolk.com>, Massimo Menichinelli <
massimo.menichinelli at aalto.fi>, FabFoundation BeNeLux Board <
bestuur at fabfolk.com>, Frits Hoff <f.hoff at fablabzuidlimburg.nl>, Rodolfo
Baïz <rodolfo.baiz at technoport.lu>, Chris Wilkinson <ctwilkinson at me.com>,
Tom de Weyer <tom.deweyer at uhasselt.be>, riccardo luna <
riccardoluna at gmail.com>, Massimo Banzi <m.banzi at arduino.cc>, Fabien
Eychenne <feychenne at fing.org>, Nicolas Lassabe <lassabe at gmail.com>, Sherry
Lassiter <sherry.lassiter at cba.mit.edu>, Neil Gershenfeld <
neil.gershenfeld at cba.mit.edu>, Ton Zijlstra <ton.zijlstra at gmail.com>

Dear fab lab researchers,

we are still waiting for the written contract for the funding, but we
decided to get startet.

Here is the URL to our conference:
 http://hci.rwth-aachen.de/fablabcon2013

we also registered fablabcon.org, but redirection is not working yet.

I will upload the call for papers to this page as soon as possible.
If you want to be a member of the program committee, please drop me an
email.

We will get funding for 100 participants. This means: no registration fee,
free food, free drinks. We also got money for printing the conference
proceedings.

So all we need is participants. Can you estimate how many people from your
network will join the conference?
And please also mention the Makerfaire Kerkrade, since the conference is
part of this event and might attract some people ;)

Best,
René

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 9:03 AM, Tomas Diez <tomasdiez at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> - For Fab Foundation, Sherry Lassiter, in copy
>> - For Italy: Riccardo Luna and Massimo Banzi, in copy
>> - For France: Nicolas Lassabe and Fabien Eychenne, in copy
>>
>> To summarise who is in copy:
>> - Chris Wilkinson: For Fab Foundation UK&I
>> - Rodolfo Baiz: Luxembourg
>> - Rene Bohne: Germany
>> - Frits Hoff and Tom Ziljstra: The Netherlands
>> - Peter Troxler, Fab User Group (Fab Association)
>> - Tom de Weyer: Belgium
>>
>> This is a good start for the European Network growth
>>
>> apart from the possible EU conference, it might be good plan ahead for
>> Japan this year and Barcelona next year
>>
>> this might be a packed email, but a good start for contacts and getting
>> to know each other
>>
>> Tomas
>>

>> On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Frits Hoff <f.hoff at fablabzuidlimburg.nl>wrote:
>>
>>>  Hi all,
>>>
>>> Lets hope the money will come.
>>>
>>> In cc Tom for Belgium and Peter for the international foundation.
>>>
>>> We need also contacts in France and Italy.
>>>
>>> It would be nice if we could combine Fabfuse with our conference.
>>> Academic research & practical things.
>>> But then we need more days.
>>>
>>> hartelijke groet / kind regards,
>>>
>>> Frits Hoff
>>>
>>> FabLab Maastricht
>>> Herbenusstraat 89 | 6211 RB Maastricht
>>> T 043-711.0300 | M +31 - (0)6 - 5269.2094 www.fablabmaastricht.nl
>>>
>>> Op 27-06-13 13:32, René Bohne schreef:
>>>
>>> Hi everybody,
>>>
>>>  On monday, I will know if we get the funding for the conference.
>>>
>>>  I already have Enrico Dini as a keynote speaker and chances are good
>>> that Markus Kayser will be there or at least we get the SolarSinter as part
>>> of the exhibition.
>>>
>>>  The date is somehow fix: 9.9.2013  - because the conference is part of
>>> the Mini Makerfaire in Kerkrade.
>>>
>>>  We want to get the FabLab community to the Maker Faire. Another reason
>>> for the conference is that academic institutions can cover the travel
>>> expenses of their people if they publish a paper (or poster) at this
>>> conference.
>>>
>>>  So we do not plan to be an alternative to the official Fab conference,
>>> but we want to enable people (especially from academia) to get their travel
>>> expenses covered by their universities and attract more people to the
>>> MakerFaire Kerkrade.
>>> Nevertheless, I think that the quality of the conference and of the
>>> proceedings will be very high.
>>>
>>>  Of course, I need your help with everything. We just want to offer the
>>> rooms and find funding. Plus, RWTH Aachen University has a good reputation
>>> as a host for a conference, so we use this name for an easy progress in
>>> this short preparation time. But we want the fab lab community to be the
>>> real host of the whole event. So if you have ideas, please let me know.
>>>
>>>  If we can't get the money (from the German ministry), we should not
>>> host it in Aachen and I will let you know by next wednesday...

>>> 52074 Aachen

--
RWTH Aachen University
Lehrstuhl Informatik 10

--
Fing - association pour la Fondation Internet Nouvelle Generation
The Next Generation Internet Fondation